Winter Camping with Xtreme Heaters
Winter camping in an RV can be a wonderful way to experience the beauty of nature in its frozen glory. However, it also requires careful preparation to ensure that you and your vehicle stay safe and comfortable throughout the trip. One of the biggest concerns when camping in cold weather is the risk of freeze damage, which can cause serious damage to your RV's plumbing, water tanks, and other systems.
That's where Xtreme Heaters RV compartment heaters come in. Our automatic compartment heaters help prevent freeze damage and make your winter camping trip a little less stressful. Here are some tips for preparing your RV for winter camping and using Xtreme Heaters products to stay warm and safe.
1. Use Xtreme Heaters products to keep warm and prevent freeze damage
Xtreme Heaters offers a range of products that can help prevent freeze damage to your RV's plumbing and water tanks. These include:
- Our RV Compartment Heater is compact and powerful. Placed in or near your wet locker, the heater automatically maintains above freezing temperatures. Turning on at 40 degrees and off at 55 keeps pipes and tanks warm enough to prevent them from freezing. Our self-regulating heating elements automatically adjust output based on the incoming air temperature, so you don't have to worry about over- or under-heating.
- Our Xtreme Cabin Heater is designed for human comfort in the living space of your RV. With three heat settings, (fan only, low heat and high heat) and a variable thermostat, you can dial in the perfect settings for your comfort. A Freeze Protection setting on the thermostat maintains a temperature of around 55 degrees in the living space to help prevent freezing of pipes and fixtures in your RV. For unattended operation, we recommend the low heat setting which draws 750 watts of power. The high setting draws 1500 watts. This setting should be used while attended until you are confident that your RV electrical system can handle that level of power draw reliably. Tip over protection as well as two levels of overheat protection make these heaters a safe option for your RV.
By using these products from Xtreme Heaters, you can ensure that your RV stays warm and protected from freeze damage during your winter camping trip.2. Insulate your RV
The next step in preparing your RV for winter camping is to ensure that it is properly insulated. This can help keep the heat inside your RV and prevent cold air from seeping in. Some things you can do to insulate your RV include:
- Adding weatherstripping to doors and windows
- Sealing any cracks or gaps in the walls or roof
- Installing insulation panels in the walls or ceiling
- Using thermal curtains to cover windows
Another good option in preparing your RV for winter camping is to install a skirting system. This involves creating a barrier around the bottom of your RV to keep cold air out and warm air in. Some options for skirting systems include:
- Foam board insulation
- Vinyl skirting panels
- Inflatable skirting
Of course, staying warm and comfortable during your winter camping trip is just as important as protecting your RV from freeze damage. Some tips for staying warm include:
- Dressing in layers
- Using a good quality sleeping bag and mattress
- Drinking warm beverages
- The Xtreme Cabin Heater
With these tips and products from Xtreme Heaters, you can prepare your RV for winter camping and stay warm and safe during your trip. Remember to always check the weather forecast and plan accordingly, and don't hesitate to seek help or advice if you need it. Happy camping!